TraxComm Data Centre Installed with Hot Aisle Containment The Latest and Advanced Cooling Solution for DC
Traxcomm’s recently built Tier 3+ data center is now available for immediate occupancy. Located in the Tseung Kwan O Data Centre, the carrier-neutral data center offers a high-availability environment and highly reliable equipment, providing uncompromised security and connectivity for critical operations of banking and financial institutions, telecom operators, private companies and the public sector.
TX01 DC, an ISO certified Level 3+ infrastructure, is designed with the advanced Hot Aisle Containment (HAC) solution, the most advanced cooling solution on the market today. Analysis shows that choosing HAC over cold aisle can reduce annual cooling system energy costs by 43% and annual PUE by 15%.
How HAC Works?
The exhaust air from IT equipment enters the enclosed hot aisle and returns directly to the cooling equipment through ceiling plenums or ductwork. The cooled air is supplied directly to the general area from the air-conditioning unit.,
What are the Benefits of Installing HAC in a Data Center?
Energy Efficiency Savings
- When an HAC is running, the data center floor is filled with cold air, greatly increasing cooling efficiency and reliability
- Supply levels can be set higher, saving energy and increasing the available cooling capacity of the system.
- Leakage rates in raised floors are typically 25-50%, while leakage rates in containment systems are only 3-10%.
- Providing predictable cooling using containment, eliminates the need to overly increasing the size of the cooling system, including the number and size of fans.
Higher rack space
- Traditional raised floors are no longer required.
Operating Environment and Ambient Temperature
- With HAC, open server room areas can be cooler, providing a more acceptable work environment for technicians and engineers.
For more information about the data center or to arrange a site visit, please contact the TraxComm team.